I was scanning through a website the other day looking at what was being played on the radio while we were in school and something dawned on me. If you forget for a second what some of these songs were really about and take their titles literally or maybe twist them just a bit, some of them seem to apply to that time and place in the darnedest ways.
1966
96 Tears
Strangers In The Night
We Can Work It Out
See You In September
Daydream
Bus Stop
Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
19th Nervous Breakdown
Psychotic Reaction
Working in a Coal Mine
1967
Happy Together
Somethin' Stupid
Groovin'
Kind Of A Drag
Respect
Silence Is Golden
There's A Kind Of Hush
Mercy
Friday On My Mind
Cold Sweat
Here We Go Again
The Beat Goes On
Daydream Believer
Thank The Lord For The Night Time
1968
People Got To Be Free
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Those Were The Days
Born To Be Wild
Reach Out Of The Darkness
Summertime Blues
The Fool On The Hill
Revolution
I Say A Little Prayer
1969
Dizzy
Hot Fun In The Summertime
Hair
Going In Circles
Hurt So Bad
Easy To Be Hard
Only The Strong Survive
Time Of The Season
It's Getting Better
Can I Change My Mind
Things I'd Like To Say
Everybody's Talkin'
Worst That Could Happen
Games People Play
Laughing
1970
Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Get Ready
Let It Be
Everything Is Beautiful
All Right Now
Signed Sealed Delivered
Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
Give Me Just A Little More Time
Turn Back The Hands Of Time
Easy Come Easy Go
Express Yourself
United We Stand
We've Only Just Begun
No Time
I Just Can't Help Believing
Come Saturday Morning
The Thrill Is Gone
See what I mean?
No comments:
Post a Comment