As I said in the last post my son Christopher graduated last Friday. For 4 glorious days I was lucky enough to have all my kids and grandkids together for the first time in a very, very long time. I can't remember when I was so happy. I sometimes just sat and listened to my boys talking sports while my grandkids played games. Such a sweet noise that left the house sound so empty when they all had gone back to their homes.
It put my mind on family and when I last saw this brother or sister or cousin, and it also brought to mind you guys too. We were a family of a sort you know. If you look up family in your trusty Funk and Wagnel's, one of it's meanings is... "an association of people who share common beliefs or activities." That was us, right?
We had different parts of our family just like most families do. We had the kind aunt or uncle and the crazy brother who is always carrying on and joking around and the doting mother or father. We had parts of our family we were proud of and others that were a little embarrassing. Our family shared intimate secrets with us or boasted about us or even threatened to kick our butts if we didn't straighten up. We loved some of them a little more than others and even kept our distance from others, but they were still part of the family. I'll let you decide who fit those particular "roles" for you.
So our family, which was made up of a hundred and twenty something different parts, made it through that stage of our lives, and they should at least be able to get together from time to time, right?. I will tell you this much, the evening I spent recently with my "sisters", Donna, Brenda, Kathey, Sylvia and Pat, meant a lot to me and was a lot of fun. I can't wait for the next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment