There are lots of metaphors used for the years we spent in high school -- the end of childhood.. becoming an adult.. the wonder years.. the fun years -- and the list goes on.
I tend to look at them as the "roller coaster years". Can you think of any other period in your life where you went from happy to sad, or from nirvana to deep, dark depression, and at times all in a matter of minutes?
And as bad as it got, when you thought you didn't want to do anything or be with anybody, within a day or so you were on your way back up, or, when you reached the top you were so emotionally high you felt like you were walking off the ground and nothing could burst your balloon, but eventually something did.
Then, to top all that, it didn't have to be a certain person, or situation, or group, or class, or anything else. Any one of them could be the catalyst or the suppressant.
What a wonderfully bittersweet time of life it was.
2 comments:
Sometimes I think if I had it to do over again, I would have been different in high school. But if I had been different then, I would not be who I am today.
I agree Kathey. It doesn't take long after you start thinking about a thing or two you might change before you run into something that you wouldn't want to change.
Post a Comment