Have you got your plot yet? When are you “old enough” to start thinking about things like that? I guess it’s wise to be prudent about such things and get them settled quickly.
I’ve heard people say, “You’ve got plenty of time for that,” but nobody really knows how much time they have, so I think you should plan something, if even just a little.
I’m not even sure yet if I even want to be buried. I mean after all, I’m here and my kids all live elsewhere, so after I go who’s going to come see my grave. I mean they really wouldn’t be seeing me, just a plot of ground. I’m not trying to sound morbid or overly concerned about such stuff, but it is going to happen so you’ve got to think about it.
Sometimes I think it might even be best not to plan at all. When my Mom passed away, she hadn’t planned anything and all us kids had to get together and hastily put things together. The same thing happened with Sue’s Mom. Looking back, that actually helped deal with her passing. We didn’t have to wonder if she had covered everything or not, and it gave us something to think about besides how much we were going to miss her.
I plan on living until I’m a couple hundred years old anyway, so what does it matter?
No comments:
Post a Comment