Even if we are occupied with important things and even if we attain honor or fall into misfortune, still let us remember how good it once was here, when we were all together, united by a good and a kind feeling which made us perhaps better than we are. -- Dostoyevsky
Friday, May 27, 2011
Memorial Day
I thought of this last night and decided to put it up again. I don't think an annual reminder would be too much. I'm sure we all think of at least one of these folks from time to time. When I look at the pictures I see people I knew almost all my life and some I didn't really know. Even at this point in my life I still think Wayne was the best friend I've ever had, and Allen wasn't that far behind. I knew Freddy, Pat Lowe, Larry, Mike and Betty Scott since the first grade. Jimmy, Patty Hicks and Pat Rucker were people I met later, and the rest I didn't meet until high school. Estes was a smoking buddy, Janie was always in the library and Bobby Jo never met a stranger. Doyle was a nice guy, but I really didn't know him, Lynn or Sherry.
All of you are missed, and thankfully, we haven't added anybody else in the past year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment