As I've said several times on this blog, I like music. I hate listening to the radio, but I like music. This afternoon I was doing a little surfing, looking for stuff about an old R&B singer named Clifford Curry. You remember him, he sang "She Shot a Hole in My Soul". He's from Knoxville and it is rumored in some circles that he was the model for the Otis Day character on Animal House. Anyway, while reading a page that featured him I came across something that sounded familiar. You tell me if it rings a bell....
".... Around this time, WTVK-TV began running Dr. Al's Disco-Teen Show, which was a sort of live precursor to the modern music video ... "
Anybody remember Disco-Teen? Do you remember going? Alright, let's have a show of hands, who went on the show and actually danced? I won't embarrass him, but I remember one classmate who had the show's title semi-permanently attached to his name by a relative or someone who saw him dancing on the program. That's a heavy price to pay for being on TV.
Too bad they didn't have VCRs back then, huh? Try explaining those moves to your grandkids. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment