Sunday, June 25, 2006

Home Room

I have been toying with the idea of writing something about home room for awhile, but guess what? I don't remember that much about it! I know it was the first class of the day and it was what, 3o minutes long? Other than that, I don't remember much.

Heck, I can't honestly remember who was in it other than Kenny Parks, Nancy Jo Perkins, Gary Poe, Wayne and Becky Poole, and Lynnette, but that's only because they had to be since their last names began with a P. :) Sometimes I think Brenda and Donna were in it, but that's because I think I remember Debbie Nathanson being in it Senior year. Then sometimes I think Doris was in it too, but I'm really not sure.

How many home rooms were there anyway? Four? Five?

I mean it's not that big of a deal. It's not like we did anything special during home room anyway, except maybe hurry up and do some homework for later in the day. As I remember it was mostly a gabfest, or a place to sit and yawn.

So if any of you can say much about it, go ahead. The same goes for assemblies. Other than the special ones like the one Brenda mentioned, I don't recall a lot about assemblies. Wait. Didn't we have one where each home room or specific class was supposed to put on a skit? I can remember being the father character in our little skit. My one and only line was something like, "Bills, bills, bills!", and then I slapped the table I was sitting next to. How prophetic, me complaining about bills. :) I don't even remember who played the mom or the kids. Again, Doris, Ann, and Lynette come to mind.

Anyway, I don't recall much about either subject. Maybe we should make a list of things we only remember bits and pieces about, like home room and assemblies, and maybe somebody else can remember enough about it to take it and run with it. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember anything about home room. Freshman year, I think I went to the home ec class room first so that must have been my home room. Mrs. Everett was the teacher.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking my Freshman year, I had Mr. Brakebill, his class being in the gym. Seems like then it was at 8:30 and in later years it became sometime after lunch. I do remember having Mr. Petty (the cutie) and Mr. Burnette (the @$$hole). I'm sure there was one more but I can't think of who it was.