Did you have a Study Hall? I had it every year. Did you like it or dread it? I enjoyed it for the most part. Did you actually study? Me either... usually. :)
It depended on the teacher "sentenced" to sit in Study Hall at that particular time whether it was a fun class or not. As I remember, some of the teachers acted like the class was drudgery for them and took it out on us, but for the most part it was a nice relaxing hour.
Some of my friends were only "Study Hall" friends. I didn't have any other classes or lunch with them, just Study Hall. My entire association with them for four years was in the class. Donnie Miller comes to mind as does Steve Knox and Joe Watson, and a whole host of people in other grades.
I've added other posts on this blog telling about two infamous notes I was involved with during Study Hall; one that got me in trouble with the office and one that (I think) had a hand in getting two people together. You know what they say about idle hands... :)
Also, if you look at the '70 yearbook there is evidence that it wasn't all fun and games in this class. Besides my portrait and the group picture on the back steps, the only other picture of me in the entire yearbook is one of me sitting at a table behind Joe Watson... studying! Image that. :)
1 comment:
The only time I ever studied was our freshman year. That was due to the fact that I was a nervous wreck and Coach Brakebill was the teacher. That year study hall was 6th period so I really looked forward to it.
Post a Comment