This is post number 100 to this blog. Eight months ago I had no idea it would go this far, but I was willing to go along for the ride.
Thanks to you guys it has, and I appreciate you. All of you have contributed stories and ideas and comments and pictures and emails and, well, the list goes on. There are people who look at this thing almost daily, and believe me I still spend a lot of time thinking up things that I haven't already covered. :)
The original idea was to get people together and share a few memories and laughs and maybe provide just a little bit of escape from the daily grind. I think that for a dirty dozen or so we've done that, and those are just the ones who have put down their name or sent an email.
I see stats on every visit to this blog, the machines not the people, but I can pretty much tell who is who by the time of day they visit. And in there, among the visits by the ones I can guess at are ones I have no idea about. The ones who visit occasionally from Oklahoma or Miami haven't said much yet, but they will.
I'm not usually an optimist by nature, but about this thing I am. This time next year there will be a lot more of us who regularly visit here.
No comments:
Post a Comment