Friday, January 26, 2007

Friends and Neighbors

Sometimes I start to write something here, and as I'm writing it occurs to me that the memory wasn't from high school. I guess being so long gone from such a small place where you encountered the same people thoughout most of your life, memories tend to bleed together sometimes. I haven't bothered to count, but the majority of the people I graduated with I have known since at least the first grade, and some way before then.

At various times my neighbors have included Bo Carey (his grandfather really, but Bo was there a lot) the Lawson boys, Jackie Lefler, David Hope, Sandra Fagg, Larry and Jerry Ricker, Johnny and Donnie Miller, Eddie McCallister, Jane McCollister, Bruce and Dickie Blankenship, David Ridings, Gary Williams, Ricky Mitchell, Pat Milsaps, Sandra Ward, Mack McNew, Freddy Lindsey, Debbie McCollister, Eddie Scott, Gordo Watson, Sylvia Robinson, Buddie and Tim Guider, Doug Christian, Allen and Wayne McNabb, Mike Littleton, Cynthia Blair, Eugene Henley, Jean Julian, Tony Woody, Terry Dixon, Paul Scott, and I know I must be forgetting several more. All these were either next door or within a street or two. We moved a lot. :)

I know you all can do the same thing because it's bound to happen in a town that size, but then again, that's what builds friendships, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did forget a few, Mike Schrimpsher, Susan Johns and Devona Stevens.

Had to add those :)

Anonymous said...

Doug did you ever steal plums from behine devonas house? I remember a bunch of us walking along the fence in the back and eating plums from her tree. did i say steal i meant borrowed.

Anonymous said...

or behind oops