When Donna referred to Doug Adkins as Crow on the Tagboard I thought, "Wow, that would make a good topic!" So I started thinking of different people and I'm not so sure I know very many. Well, let me rephrase that. I remember a few that used their nickname as their given name, like Jake, Gordo and Jabbo, but I never knew Doug was called Crow. I did know Flea and Weasel and Bunny and Rabbit, and Jabbo's brother was called Peanut. And then there was Ton and Albert, and I had the misfortune of having Allen McNabb stand within earshot when it was my turn to have my picture taken in the 7th or 8th grade and the photographer said, "Smile pieface", and that's what I was called off and on through high school.
So I know a few. How many do you know?
3 comments:
Thanks to Allen, we called Brenda McKee scag kee. Jimmy Stevens was porky. I think Arthur Kelso was couger. Terry Brookshire was frog. Correct me if I am wrong on any of these.
Arthur Kelso used to call me "Sweet Potato Sweetheart". My Dad used to grow sweet potatoes and sell the extras. Every year as soon as he put the "sweet potatoes for sale" sign up in front of our house, Arthur would start his teasing. He had everyone on our bus calling me the sweet potato sweetheart.
You're right... I forgot Frog, But I also forgot to mention Bo too along with the others who used their nickname as their common name.
Post a Comment