Brenda and Donna mentioned them, and I've been thinking about them, but for the life of me I can't recall that much about assemblies.
Were they scheduled? Weekly? Monthly? It seems to me they were on some sort of schedule but I can't remember what. I know there were special ones from time to time. but I thought overall they were fairly routine.
Were they always at the same time? Mornings or afternoons? Mornings I guess would be the most logical time, but I'm not sure.
Was there assigned seating by class, or by homeroom or whatever? I can remember at different times sitting anywhere from the raised seats in back to the front row but I don't remember if the seat was my choice or someone else's.
Did the principal always lead them? I remember Ms McCall a few times, and heaven knows we all got enough of Mike Franklin.
I remember being in at least one, a home room skit or something.
Who knows, maybe I slept through some of them... or was outside smoking. :)
And now that I've written all this, I think I said something about assemblies before... and I didn't remember anymore about them then than I know now. :)
2 comments:
I think they were in the mornings for a couple of years. Whenever we had homeroom. Awards were given out, skits,fashion shows,one time Melvin Justice and his band played. Just things to let you know what was going on. There was seating arrangements. Freshmen sat in the very back of the auditorium, sophomores and juniors were on the sides and the Seniors were in the middle.
I remember a fashion show - we modeled the outfits we had made in Home Ec. and were given awards for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. I got 1st place for a plaid jacket & skirt. Mrs. McCall helped me with it (she actually did most of the sewing). Mrs. McCall was one of the judges!
Post a Comment