Friday, July 06, 2007

Feeder Schools

I know the old grammer school burned several years ago, and the old junior high school building is there, but not a school anymore -- in fact, I'm not sure what it is now, but I've been thinking about all the schools that fed students to the high school. Are the others still around?

Is Jackson, Davis, Steekee, and Philadelphia schools still active? Are any of them new schools? Did I miss any other feeder schools?

I know there is at least one newer school not far from the high school, but I don't know if it's a grammar school or middle school or both.

Are there any plans to build a new high school? If so, where are they going to build it? Where do you think it should be?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackson school is under Tellico Lake. Davis closed down years ago but Steekee is still going strong as is Philadephia.

Anonymous said...

Im anoymous I dont know how I do that must be a gift

Anonymous said...

Davis School was torn down and Piney Ruritan building is on that spot of ground now.Steekee and Philadelphia have expanded and need to be bigger again. Fort Loudoun Middle and Elementary Schools are passed the high school toward piney. They are busting at the seams too. There was some talk of a new high school but the school board can't agree on where to put it. Ole Jr. High holds county offices.

Anonymous said...

Do the kids around Davis go to Loudon or Steekee?

Anonymous said...

What was the name of the school that Shirley Faulkner, Glenda Dawson,and Carolyn Brewster came from? It was Loudon County wasn't it. Down Ten Mile or Erie? Wonder where those people are now?

Anonymous said...

was it Luttrell shirley is ohio I see her sometimes

Anonymous said...

Carolyn Brewster went to Loudon Jr High. I remember her being in my class a couple of years. But you're right, there had to be a school somewhere around Stockton Valley.