I read a story once about a newspaper reporter sitting in a bar when this lady of the evening came up to him and said for $300 she would do anything he wanted. So he gave her the money and said, "Now go to my room in the hotel across the street and write a story and a side bar for tomorrow's paper."
Writing these are sometimes that way. You just run out of ideas. I started this to be about us, our class. Over time it has expanded to cover the 'us' we are now, and the differences between our world then and our world now.
One of the problems is I don't really know that much about 'us'. It wasn't like I was at the top of everybody's list of friends, and I'm okay with that, but it does limit the experiences I can share. Oh, I could talk about this fight or that argument or when this guy and girl decided to crawl into the backseat of the car and do the dirty boogy, but that's not what this space was intended for.
Let's face it. We were a small group of people from a small town. We were before drugs and gangs and cellphones and computers, and while that's good, it sure does limit what we can talk about. Especially when I have the memory of an acorn. I sometimes have trouble remembering things from last week. Just ask Sue, she'll tell you. :)
So, here's another plea for help. I will gladly share the user ID and password to this site with anyone from our class who wants to take a shot at adding something. It can be anything you want, but I would humbly request it not be malicious in any way. You would be surprised what gets people to yakking. I still shake my head when I remember the response I got when I wrote about lockers, but it's little things like that, which we all had in common, that folks seem to like to talk about most.
Let me know. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment