Thursday, September 20, 2007

Homecoming Games

Who is the homecoming game against this year? Are the stands still packed?

I guess 30-odd years ago we didn't have many other distractions, so the homecoming game was a hot ticket, or at least it seemed that way. Now that there are video games and computers and DVDs and cable TV and so many other things to do, does the homecoming game draw the crowd it used to?

Do you guys still go, those of you that live close? How about you folks further away, have you been to any since you left? If I were there I would most likely fall into the group that go sometimes, or at least better then half of them. Things do get in the way; family, jobs, and other commitments, but homecoming would be one of the few places I could go to with a lot of others so I could see how people have changed.

And yep, they would be looking at me too. Hopefully most would say something kind. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ricky and I went to all the games for years, away games,play-off games, you name it. When the "BIG RED" hit the field we were there. Since Joni is out of LHS now, we haven't been in years. Still keep up with how they are doing. I remember going to games that started at 8 o'clock and we would be there by 5 o'clock to get a seat. That was away games, we didn't get there quiet that early at home.