This week I have officially felt old. Last Friday I had a few teeth removed. Two were from an old root canal gone bad and the other was my last wisdom tooth.
The Air Force tried twice a year to take my wisdom teeth, "Better give them up now, before they start giving you trouble," they always said. That made no sense to me at the time. Why pull something that didn't need pulling? They didn't hurt, they weren't impacted, they weren't crooked, there was nothing wrong with them, but you could see the dentists almost salivate at the prospect of getting to pull something. They got 3 over the years for one reason or another, but I held on to the last one as long as I could.
So, now I'm thinking they were right, or put another way, if I had let them pull them all years ago, my mouth wouldn't be so sore right now. :)
3 comments:
I still have all of mine. Mind you they have been filled and some have even been crowned. Dr. Brakebill would only have one patient if he pulled one and that would be me. It would take all day to get finished working on me. I require alot of numbing and happy gas.
I have all of mine. My dentist made me feel like I was the only person ever to want a wisdom tooth filled instead of having it pulled but I insisted. I think I've been told at least 20 times over the years that my wisdom teeth need to come out, but there's nothing wrong with them except for that one filling. I really dread those check ups twice a year (and my daughter is my hygenist)!
I don't know if I am the lucky one or the dumbest because I never got any wisdom teeth. My daddy never had any either!
Post a Comment