What was the name of the store in Knoxville that was sort of like a Wall Mart? I seem to remember parking in back of it and I think the building was green, but I may be wrong (I was only there at night).
Going south out of town, what is the name of the big farm on the left between Loudon an Philadelphia?
How about the one on the right?
What was the name of the small, white, cinder block store in west end Loudon? It was on the right about a 50 yards short of the traffic light at Highland Avenue.
What are the team name and colors for Lenior City? Rockwood? Kingston? Alcoa?
How many people were in our graduating class? How many started out in our freshman class?
Did we have fire drills?
Where did we go on our senior trip?
What were the name of the little hamburgers sold in the concession stand?
If you didn’t want to go to Cole’s, where was the next closest Drive In?
Name the stores that were along the store front across old 72 from the courthouse? As I remember there were four.
Even if we are occupied with important things and even if we attain honor or fall into misfortune, still let us remember how good it once was here, when we were all together, united by a good and a kind feeling which made us perhaps better than we are. -- Dostoyevsky
Monday, August 18, 2008
Even More Questions From a Wondering Mind
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll give it a try and we'll see if my memory is the same as yours. Is the farm your talking about called Callaway's? Maybe the block building would be The Valley Outlet.The L.C. Panthers were black and orange,Rockwood
Tigers were green and white,Kingston Yellow Jackets were black & yellow or yellow & black. Alcoa Tornadoes are maroon and silver. The only fire drill I remember was when somebody pulled the alarm for something to do. Our senior trip was Six Flags over Georgia. We were bored to death. I could only think of Madisonville drive-in or the Dixie Lee. Nobody I knew ever went there.
I remember going to two large stores in Knoxville - Zayre (not sure of spelling) & Atlantic Mills. We went to the Madisonville Movie drive-in a few times. They had a guy who came out to the cars to see if we wanted to order from the concession stand. I don't think I would have liked that job! I think the stores were: The White Store, Charlie Arp's Grocery, a beauty shop, Greers & a drug store.
Post a Comment