I won't be rude and ask who you voted for. My family has a habit of irritating the pollsters. They called several times before the election and wanted to know who we were voting for.... we told them that was our business. That's the way we were raised. When I was a kid nobody would tell you who they voted for.
Anyway, this was my youngest son's first chance at voting and I have to admit I was proud of him He really looked at how each candidate stacked up against his own believes and convictions and put a lot of thought into it.
Do you remember your first? I do. In 1972 I voted for George McGovern more as a vote against Richard Nixon than a vote for McGovern Either way I lost. Did you think your vote would change the world? I did. Ah, to be a young idealist again.
2 comments:
Way back when I was dating-- I was getting ready at my cousins house. There was a lady there that said: Oh it's Saturday night in Loudon. I suppose that was date night and maybe Friday night. The boys were not allowed to come to the house during the week. Unlike now. When Joni and Jason were dating he was here every night.
I put this in the wrong place. Must have been a "Senior Moment".
Post a Comment