Monday, December 29, 2008

Senior Superlatives Revisited

Let me say it up front, I have no objection to the Senior Superlatives as they appear in the yearbook. In fact, some of my favorite people are in the bunch --- Brenda, Kaye, Donna Kyker, Doris, Sylvia, and Bo. It's just that this is where I show my ignorance on some of this stuff.

How were they chosen? I'm assuming we voted for them but I don't remember. How were they nominated? Did we nominate different people for each selection or were they nominated for us (as in the office telling us "Here's the only people you can vote for")? I am assuming grades were considered, which explains why I didn't make any of the ballots. :)

What if we were to vote on some of them now, like:

Best Looking, or the ones to look least their age.
Most Successful. Actually I think we have all achieved this one in some ways, each in our own little way.
Most Dependable, and no, I'm not going to crack a Depends joke, but the temptation sure is there. :)
Most Athletic, or the ones who can run the farthest without gasping for breath.

And some new ones:

Most Grandkids.
Earliest to Retire.
Most Wrinkles.
Most Natural Teeth.
Least Amount of Grey.

Surely I qualify for that wrinkles thing, and yes, I deliberately left off "Biggest Difference in Weight Now Versus Weight Then". I got that one in the bag!

No comments: