Thursday, April 30, 2009

Comments Are Fixed and Poking a Little Fun at Sylvia

The comments are fixed... dang little bugs. I forgot to check a box somewhere.

--------------------------------------------

I've known Sylvia Robinson most of my life, or at least my school life. We rarely moved in the same circles but she was always there at lunch or recess or whatever, and she was kinda sorta in the neighborhood like Bo and Gordo and Kerry Pulkenin used to be. They were just over the hill from where we lived. Later on, when we reached high school Sylvia had developed one of the sharpest, quickest wits I've ever seen and could verbally go toe to toe with anybody.

A year or two after graduation, when Dr. Hook recorded "Sylvia's Mother" it reminded me of the only Sylvia I had ever known, and to this day she's the first thing that pops in my mind whenever I hear the song.

It's this week's oldie.

1 comment:

Kathey said...

Thanks Doug for that "blast from the past". I have always liked that song. I often thought of Sylvia when I heard it too. That's the first time I've watched the video.