Thursday, May 07, 2009

Potpourri



I've had several things running through my mind the past few days but nothing that really seemed all that earth shaking. Donna put a post on Facebook about the fountain being taken out. Bummer that. Although I will admit to saying that without really knowing what their plans are, so maybe they will put in another one even bigger or something. But the old bridge was more or less lined up with the fountain, so coming into town it was the first thing you noticed, or at least it was for those of us who moved away. Now what will I notice first?

The last two polls has got me looking like the only hoodlum in our class. :) I left a word out of both questions. They were supposed to be did you "try" either smoking or drinking while in high school. I know the regulars to this blog didn't smoke, so I knew I'd be the only "Yes" vote there, but I figured everybody at least tried a beer or something during that time. I know we all "tried" enough of it the night before the ten year reunion!!!

I guess it's been pretty obvious that I look at my high school years from more of a social aspect --- and I've got the grades to prove it. :) But that being said, didn't we all look at it that way? I'm sure everyone hit the books harder than I did, but the main part of high school had to be social, especially when you throw in dating and things like that. Take for example that first big crush. Whether we dated them or not, I think everyone at one time or another had to be bitten by that bug. Some of us acted on it in our own way and I'm sure some did not. I had more than a little bit of wallflower in me when it came to things like that, but that didn't keep me from writing their name everywhere I could --- even once on the leg of my jeans during class. Maybe I thought nobody would notice. :) Where am I going with this? I have no idea. I guess it's just a guy nearing 60 trying to make heads or tails out of some things he did at 16, when in all honesty I didn't even have a clue what I was doing back then either.

Or maybe if I'd spent less time writing names on my jeans and more time writing school work I might have been a doctor or lawyer or rocket scientist now. Yeah... right!

No comments: