Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In Rememberance - Estes Queener



The last time I saw Estes was at a reunion 10 or 15 years ago at the high school. He had not changed at all. He was still quiet with that little smile that made you think maybe he knew something you didn’t. Never upset or bouncing off the walls, he had the same quiet personality senior year that he had freshman year, and not too many of us can say that. We will all miss a good man and a good friend, and there’s not too many of either left in this world.

God's finger touched him, and he slept.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

I would be remiss here if I did not mention Nelda. It is one thing to lose a friend and classmate, but when that person is married to another friend and classmate it amplifies the sadness. Nelda, we all hurt with you and for you, our thoughts and prayers will always be there.

No comments: