Last night I dreamed about a bunch of you guys. Seriously. I read some place that things become dreams when they have, for whatever reason, taken over some spot in our subconscious. Well, last night a lot of you folks must have been on my mind, because we had a meeting at my office -- of all places -- to discuss next year's reunion and who could or could not attend.
Brenda, Kathey, Donna, Tony.. you were all there, as was Jake, Kay Collis, Debbie Huskey, Mike Russell, Doris and even Estes. We were all sitting at this humongous table talking about who would be there, what to serve and where it would be. Not surprisingly, we didn't come up with a decision. :)
Plus, every one of you folks looked just like you did back then, but I didn't. Not sure I want to delve into the meaning of that little tid bit.
I did decide on one thing tho. People tend to focus on big numbers for such things.... 10, 20, 25, 50. They've all become noteworthy anniversaries of one thing or another, and they should be, but it would be a mistake to focus on our 50th. Oh, we will when the time comes, but right now we should put every effort into this one. There are so many of us that have not been to a reunion in some time, if at all, and while I'm sure all the reasons for not being there are valid, I'm equally sure the list of our classmates who have passed along is getting far too long.
I don't want to sound like an alarmist, I'm just being realistic. As Tony said, each one that passes should be a reminder of our own mortality, so the odds are the longer we wait, the fewer of us who will be able to enjoy it and whose company we will miss.
No comments:
Post a Comment