I stopped in Loudon for a few hours over the holidays. We were coming back from South Carolina after spending Thanksgiving with our oldest son and daughter and their families. It was a hoot and I loved every minute of it. Anyway, my sister gave me this picture from when we were kids. The funny thing is she is my younger sister and she's not even in the picture, but she had a copy and I didn't.Anyway, what struck me after seeing it was the other memories it brought flooding back, from that old barn behind us, to the house we lived in across the street and the neighbors we had and played with, all from that one picture.
Then a few days ago Donna posted wedding pictures of her and Rick on Facebook (pssst.. it's their anniversary) and the first thing that jumped out at me was, "Hey, that's how I remember them!" There was one picture of Donna, Pat Milsaps, Nelda Scott Queener and Donna's sister Elizabeth, and wow, I knew every one of them.
Also not too long ago Brenda posted some pictures on Facebook of her and Bruce through the years and it was fun watching the age progression, but it was also fun to realize that you went through the same changes.
Both sets of pictures looked so familiar and made me smile since it made other memories came rushing back. I actually felt happy looking at them.
So, if I may, I would like everyone to go dig out an old picture. It doesn't have to be of our time in high school, but just from back in your past somewhere and look at it --- really look at it --- and let the memories come fill your mind.
Oh, and let me know how it turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment