Well, it’s been a year since the reunion. Do you still catch yourself thinking about it at times? It was a lot of fun and so great to see so many people. I know it’s a long time until the next one, if we have one in five years, but I hope it will be as much fun. The football game was a great idea and the low key dinner was good too. It gave people a chance to talk and catch up. Besides, we are not all the partiers we once were.
It’s kind of a cop out to writing a full piece, but there has been a song on my mind lately that I thought I might emphasize. I think most folks feel it’s aimed at kids, I know when I first heard it I thought of my grandkids, but then I looked at it from our perspective and dang if it doesn’t work that way too. Give it a read (or better yet, if you’ve got it on your iPod or something, listen to it) and think about it from the perspective of someone aging.
I Hope You Dance
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.)
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.
Dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance..
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone)
No comments:
Post a Comment