Tuesday, August 02, 2011

A Wish

After several years of doing this, and with all the people I have bumped into again on Facebook, I think I’ve come down to only one real regret. I didn’t get to know more people back in high school.

I know there are a lot of reasons why people move in different circles. It happens all the time in life, not just in high school. And some of those reasons are good, valid reasons -- where you live, where you go to church, where you spend your free time, how you spend your free time, and a lot of other reasons. They all add up to you moving about your little chunk of the world and some people interact with you a lot; some others interact with you a little and even more people don’t interact with you at all.

That being said, I think I could have really gotten to like Kathey Guider or Arthur Kelso or Geneva Henry or Doyle Goodson or any number of others. I just didn’t move in the same circles they did.

I’ve known the kids I grew up with in Loudon almost my whole life, so the Tony Woodys and Sylvia Robinsons and Mack McNews have always been there. If I didn’t move in their circle, I at least had 12 years to bump into them at one time or another. The others, those from the other feeder schools, I only had 4 years to get to know.

Some, like Donna Morgan, Doris, Mike or Ann Russell, were in my home room at one time or another, so I had extra time with them, but I could have gotten to know them better to.

I’ve enjoyed reminiscing with Kathey on here, and I had a good talk with Geneva at the reunion and football game. I just wish I had done that 40 odd years ago.

No comments: