Have you kept up with the world? Back in "the day", our generation really didn't usher in all that much. The transistor radio of course, and Beatle haircuts and the escalation of FM radio stations, and maybe a few others I forgot about. I think our changes were more societal types --- the man on the moon, three assassinations, the civil rights movement and the Vietnam war, along with flower power, free love and social drugs.
Since then, or at least the last decade or so, the changes have been more wide spread. So, have you kept up?
Obviously if you are reading this you most likely have a computer, or at least access to one. But do you use it more than 3 times a week?
Do you own a microwave?
Do you have an iPod, or something like it?
Do you have a cell phone? (I think most of us would say yes to that)
Do you have any piercings? For the guys the ears would be enough for a yes, but for the ladies it would have to be somewhere else or more than one in your ears.
Do you have a tattoo? And no, I'm not going to ask what it is or where it is.
Do you jog?
Do you ride a bicycle? Do you wear a helmet when you ride it?
Do you have a motorcycle?
Do you recycle or go green in some other way?
Are you or have you ever tried to be a vegetarian?.
Do you have a HDTV?
Do you have a GPS system in your vehicle?
So, have you adjusted?
3 comments:
I made a glaring boo boo on this. Of course everyone owns a microwave! Those came into fashion within a few years of our graduation, so they're not really new. I mean heck, the VHS has pretty much been born and died since we graduated, so I should have stuck to newer gadgets.
I don't think I would want to do without a microwave. But, I would say we are a little behind the times. We have one TV with cable but 2 others with "rabbit ears". We don't have a computer at home or an ipod. No play station, x box or wii. Since there's nothing to do in the house, the grandkids actually play outside in the woods when they come over. We do have cell phones but don't use them a lot. No tatoo's. Guess we haven't kept up.
I absolutely detest phones, mostly because I spend so much time on one at work, but a cellphone does come in handy when you're keeping up with a couple of teenagers and for emergencies. I have an MP3 player instead of an iPod and it fits my needs. But as for the grandkids Brenda, let them play in the woods... it'll do them good :)
Post a Comment