Did you ever wonder why some of the school lockers were tall and some were short? Okay, I know this isn't the most important thing in the world to worry about, but it does make you wonder. I can understand why they bunched all the short ones together in the hallway above the cafeteria. That was so they'd have enough lockers, right? But why did they make them short? The space under them was open and wasn't used for storage space or anything like that. I just can't understand why they didn't spend a few extra bucks and make them all standard size, that is if money was the issue. :)
I had a tall locker myself. It was in the hallway on the football field side of the school. The southeast side of the school, right? Anyway, it was on the inner wall about halfway between the Home Ec door and that little garden area (that in retrospect makes as much sense as the short lockers). The combination was 3-27-10, or was that 10-27-3? It doesn't matter.
Most of the stuff in it was crammed onto the top shelf. Hardly anything but badly wrinkled test papers and the homework I never turned in was in the bottom of the locker. One year that included the science test about weather that I accidentally signed Doug Pressure. Talk about absentmindedness. And she didn't even give me extra credit for it. :)
Occasionally someone would stick something in my locker when they didn't have time to get to their own, but it was never anything valuable or useful.
The hooks were for my jacket and my genuine Loudon High School gym uniform that I wouldn't be caught dead in today. In fact, men's boxers today are longer than those shorts were. That was one hell of an outfit.
Anyway, do you remember your locker? Share it with anyone? How about lock combinations, besides your own, how many combinations did you know?
4 comments:
Funny you should bring up lockers! I have a page of 23 locker numbers and combinations with names to go with them. I don't know how I accumulated them. I am sure these people didn't trust me enough to give me the information. I have looked at the names a few times and wondered how in the world I ever got the locker # or combination. My locker # was 272 combination 17-47-43, with Ann Jaynes (273 -- 9-11-3) on one side and Gail Cunningham (271 -- 36-8-18) on the other. I believe they have done away with the short lockers over the cafeteria.
Kathey, you would have thought I wrote that post with you in mind. 23 locker combinations??? Not that many people trusted me :)
Now, we know who it was always stacking lockers so that when the door was opened all the books hit the floor. Don't we Kathey!! It is strange that we can remember our locker combinations and can't remember what happened yesterday. I tried to open mine when the reunion was held at L.H.S. somebody must have had it changed because it wouldn't open. The # I'm not sure about but the combination was 4-14-40. It was the wall behind Home Ec. next to the math classes and later Miss Mizes journalism class.
Now kids, I do admit to having all those locker #s & combinations, BUT I never stacked a locker the whole four years I was at LHS. The only people on here so far that I had their # & combo was Sharon C. Hers was #270 combo 39-7-41. AND Linda W. Hers was #293 combo 14-24-4.
Post a Comment