Thursday, May 18, 2006

Middle Aged Insomniacs Who Can't Quite Make It Past Hump Day

This probably isn't all that interesting, but I was looking at the hit information for the blog and there are a couple of things that make me wonder if it says anything about us. First, look at the hits by time of day.

Hits by time.
12:00-12:59A---36-------6.24%
1:00-1:59A------83-----14.38%
2:00-2:59A-------6-------1.04%
3:00-3:59A-------0-------0%
4:00-4:59A-------0-------0%
5:00-5:59A-------0-------0%
6:00-6:59A------29------5.03%
7:00-7:59A------32------5.55%
8:00-8:59A------50------8.67%
9:00-9:59A------35------6.07%
10:00-10:59A---33------5.72%
11:00-11:59A---32------5.55%
12:00-12:59P---21------3.64%
1:00-1:59P------18------3.12%
2:00-2:59P------11 -----1.91%
3:00-3:59P------21------3.64%
4:00-4:59P------11------1.91%
5:00-5:59P-------6-------1.04%
6:00-6:59P-------6-------1.04%
7:00-7:59P------11------1.91%
8:00-8:59P-------4-------0.69%
9:00-9:59P------55------9.53%
10:00-10:59P---27------4.68%
11:00-11:59P---50------8.67%

Forty-four percent of the hits happen between 9pm and 3am, with the single busiest hour being 1am. Can't we sleep?


The second set of numbers is hits by day of the week.

Sunday------------44--------7.63%
Monday------------82------14.21%
Tuesday-----------54--------9.36%
Wednesday------156------27.04%
Thursday----------70------12.13%
Friday--------------95------16.46%
Saturday-----------76------13.17%

Why Wednesday? I'm glad to see that Sunday is the slowest day, but I can't figure out why Wednesday is almost twice as busy as the second busiest day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The ones between 12:00-3:00 or 3:30 a.m. are probably mine and Kathey's. We are usually sending mail about that time of morning. Now, don't think I sleep all day, the kids start coming here by 8:30 so I have to be up.