Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Place

Okay, I admit I like these kind of pictures. It's the military weather guy that's still a part of me that likes to look down on things from some God-awful altitude, so I can't help it. Besides, there is so much you can see. I'm not sure of the year, but this is probably early to mid summer, just past midday. At any rate, here's the place.

Wow, it sure has changed. The baseball field irritates me a little. I know of twice while we were there it was asked if there could be a baseball team and both times the answer was no. Oh well.

The parking lot around the flagpole and up behind the cafeteria is all new blacktop, I hope that was a repave job and they didn't wait this long to do that. There is an add-on to the east corner of the building, just outside the cafeteria. What is that? And while you're at it, what is the building just across the driveway by the football field?

The trees along the highway and just behind the building weren't all there, and neither was the parking lot just to the left of the baseball field. There also is a storage shed outside of what was the Ag/Industrial Arts part of the building. I'm not sure what is in that part of the building now.

It's a small thing, but I never realized until I looked at this picture that the visitor's bleachers on the football field are not in alignment with the home side. Not that it matters, I just always assumed they used the same center point.

Also, if memory serves me right, none of these things were there when we had our 25th reunion at the school, or did I miss them? Anyway, click on the picture and tell me what you see that's different?

No comments: